Get married in Italy with a legal Italian wedding ceremony. The authentic Italian civil marriage rite.
There are many locations in Italy where you can plan a legally binding Wedding ceremony from the most famous City halls to the minor and unexpectedly charming small town halls located all over Italy. Charming villas, medieval castles, historical Palazzos, panoramic terraces overlooking the sea are spread out all over the country and will offer the perfect setting for a civil ceremony.
Civil ceremonies are officiated by an Italian authority and are legally recognized in your country.
- Ceremony is performed in Italian by Mayor or civil registrar, with an official Interpreter.
- Ceremony consists in a mix between the articles of the Italian civil code and traditional marriage vows.
- Ceremony lasts about twenty minutes.
- Two witnesses over 18 years old are needed for the ceremony
- Civil ceremony by law must take place in buildings approved by the Italian government.
- Outdoor civil ceremonies can be performed only in certain locations approved by the Italian authorities under special circumstances.
- Civil ceremonies in Italy can be personalized with elements that express your personality and values: music, readings, poetry and personal vows.
- You must contact your individual consulate depending on your Nationality for the requirements for your Nulla Osta / Certificate of No impediments and any additional documents required as will depend on your nationality i.e. the passport you hold.